Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bonjour Encore!

Bonjour tout le monde!

I have just returned from my home in small-town Quebec, where I have been studying for the past five weeks. It's nice to be able to speak English without worry of being turned into the Director, but I must be missing it because I keep saying "merci" and "'scuze" to the general public of Toronto.

Quebec at night

The weeks in Trois Pistoles passed quickly but we still found time to form some beautiful friendships that I know will be able to reach across the provinces. Staying in touch can be hard though so a few of us have formed the Sisterhood of the Traveling Book Club! (bad ass acronym yet to come...stay tuned!)

Ma comorade de chambre - Sarah!

After my course finished Andrew met me in Quebec City for the weekend, where I got to share some of my Quebecois experiences with him! We had a nice relaxed weekend, with all the other retiree's in the city (we noticed there seems to be a lack of youth in the city and we were usually swimming in a sea of the aged).

Andrew and I - looking for parliament in Quebec!

Now, back in Toronto, I am at the same spot I was a few months ago - job shopping! Hopefully something comes up soon, I would love to get working right away!

For now I believe the Luminato Festival can occupy my mind quite well.

I'm working on a photoblog for pictures of Trois Pistoles and rural Quebec! ...I'll keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment