Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hoping for a Mistake

More often than not I'm sure all of us can vouch to the fact that we don't like mistakes. We try everyday to make as few as humanly possible...but sometimes the latter factor comes into play. We are human and we do make mistakes. Sometimes they are bad and can lead to more work or more time spent doing what you don't want to be doing; but other times they can be a relief in the wake of some bad news. Unfortunately, and unbelievably, my family has received some possible bad news about our newest member - we are all waiting for more test results, and hoping that there has been a mistake somewhere.

I read this quote the other day and it makes me think of Vaya now:

"If the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark." Thomas L. Odem Jr.

A few weeks ago we welcomed my new baby cousin, Vaya, into the world. She has two incredibly loving parents, two beautiful little eyes, and one perfect little mouth which I can't wait to hear laugh! She has already made her mark in all of our lives, with her unique quirks and silly sleeping habits. I'm not alone when I say that I cling to Christa's blog to find out what little Bean is going to do next! Christa and Ryan are being incredibly strong, I'm proud of you guys and we're all praying for the best.

The hardest thing for a person to do in a situation like this is to keep positive. It is also the most important thing. You two are so strong and I believe you are able to keep positive - with the support from all of us, your families, under you.
A picture of Vaya from Christa's blog

2 comments:

  1. Thank you from the bottom of my heart my little cousin. You are amazing. You have brought tears to my eyes and I am so thankful to have such a great family.
    I didn't even know you had a blog. I am so excited to catch up. Thank you for thinking of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Micki
    Thanks for expressing what we ae all tinking. Having everyones support while we are waiting this out has been great. Aunty Elaine

    ReplyDelete