Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh Organic Food. How I Love Thee.

So after two weeks of shopping within about a 2km radius of Andrew's apartment, I had almost given up on the dream of buying organic groceries. Although I found a small selection of local organic veg, dairy, and eggs at The Healthy Butcher, only their meat is affordable. Although I only want to eat local and organic...my wallet said a firm NO to their $5.00 + asking price for 4 eggs.

It seemed that the cheap, but questionable quality of Lucky Moose in Chinatown was about to win me over; but then something miraculous happened! Did I mention that Andrew and I went for dim sum this passed Sunday? Well afterward we decided to cross the street and venture into the Kensington Market area....where I found Essence of Life Organics!!! Not only is it a fully stocked organic grocer, but it is cheap! I bought a full load of groceries (for two people) for just over $40.00. And it only takes about fifteen minutes walking. Needless to say, I am extremely thrilled with this find as it allows me to satisfy my hunger and my morals.

 
Local organic top sirloin steaks with tomato and avocado salad,  sweet potato champ, 
and grilled onion and mushrooms

 
Standing in front of the Winter City fire art

Andrew pressing the buttons that make the flames flare!

No comments:

Post a Comment