Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's Pho Lunch?!

Ok, I think I've nearly worn my 'Pho' statements thin. That will be my last...I....promise.

So today I am staying in and doing some assignments for school. Which means I will take extra time to make a good lunch! I wanted to use up some leftovers (namely the chicken failure from the other night that mocks me every time I open the fridge), and I remembered we had some pho broth leftover from when Andy made it last week. Perfect!

I de-boned the chicken breast - but kept the bone for the broth! - shredded some cabbage, and started boiling Andrew's pho broth (water, chinese 5 spice, pho broth paste, salt or soy sauce). Then I cooked the noodles. After the cabbage was cooked in the broth I strained the noodles, and added everything into my bowl. 

 
Mmmm mmmm goooood!


Try some next time you want to get rid of those mean, mocking, leftovers. I'm not going to lie, I took pleasure in throwing that chicken into a boiling pot of broth!

No comments:

Post a Comment