Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ramsay Would Swear at Me.

Today was another day of job shopping. I applied to a lot of cafe's so hopefully I can hear back by the end of this week!

Supper was basic, since I had cooked so many beans yesterday I thought we could make some chilli. I picked up some local organic ground beef at  The Healthy Butcher and used up the corn, carrots, onion and tomatoes hiding in the fridge. We're a bit lacking (again) in the seasonings depo so I just used Chinese chili paste, cinnamon, 5 spice, and buffalo chicken powder that Andrew had haha!

I grabbed some bone-in, skin-on chicken breast at The Healthy Butcher tonight too, so maybe we have some soup coming up this week....unless Ramsay (Gordon Ramsay) has a better idea for me? I'll check out his recipes in "Fast Food".

....Here is what became of the chicken... I used Ramsay's recipe called "Stickly Lemon Chicken". I did fine until I waited too long for the sauce to reduce, and in a matter or miliseconds it was charred chicken. What a disaster. I was so horrified to see what became of the beautiful chicken I splurged on, but that's the way she blows.
 
When things were still sunshine and lollipops
Chicken with some sprigs of thyme. 

I won't post pics of the final product because it is so disturbing nobody should have to see it. 
Sigh....I'm sorry Ramsay.

No comments:

Post a Comment